Personalization in B2B eCommerce
Creating a personalized experience for your B2B customers is important as they have come to expect and want a rich user experience when it comes to B2B eCommerce. It’s also a key factor for many companies in the process of selecting a distributor and/or manufacturer. In B2B it’s not just about personalizing content; it’s more about the features and functionalities of your customer portal/webshop.
B2B personalization highlights in Parttrap® ONE
- Create custom catalogs based on your customers contract
- Display search and navigation based on the customer catalog
- Display contract pricing and volume pricing
- Segment content in website based on user & company type
- Create promotions based on customer
- Give access for different user types, such as approver and buyer
- Enable users to access orders, invoices, change account details, create custom shopping lists a.s.o
Parttrap ONE supports globalization, localization and personalization so that you can target multiple markets without losing the personal touch in your customer relations. Every page or section of a page can adapt to combinations of Market, Target Group (user category), Product Category, User Preferences and Device. For Multi-Market, Multi-Company or Multi-Brand organizations, this means dramatically reduced complexity and costs. For users, this means premium user experience, more relevant content and more efficient workflow.
Personalization in B2B vs B2C
The main difference when working with personalization when it comes to B2B and B2C is that the B2B customer consists of multiple users with different roles, whereas in B2C there is one user making the purchasing decision.
The prime goal and reason for working with B2C personalization is to drive more revenue, which of course is the same when it comes to B2B, although in B2B personalization and segmentation it’s also about delivering a better experience, more efficiency and a lower cost in the sales cycle.